Position: Mathematics Teacher
Salary: MPS /UPS
Start: September 2022 or January 2023
We are delighted to be recruiting for a teacher of Mathematics to join our high-performing, forward thinking and cohesive department. You will be joining a 20+ strong team of teachers who work well together, support and challenge each other.
We teach a rigorous academic curriculum with a clear focus on supporting all students achieve positive outcomes. You will work with the Director of Mathematics, and the wider school team to continually drive attainment and standards across the department.
We seek a teacher who has the following qualities:
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- A supportive member of the team
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Well organised and motivated to support students of all abilities and needs
- Experience of teaching GCSE and A level a distinct advantage.
We welcome committed, dynamic and creative applicants with a passion for maths and the improvement of student attainment. ECTs are welcome to apply. We would consider part time for the right candidate.
Poole High School is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving families throughout the historic town of Poole. As the largest school in this selective catchment, we pride ourselves on the fact that all students thrive in this caring and collaborative environment. Our students are well motivated and co-operative, and the team spirit in this large school is second to none. In 2019, Poole High School achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.48 putting us well ‘above average’ for progress nationally. Further details on our results available on our school website: Our top sets take the GCSE Further Maths qualification at the end of year 11. A level Maths is a very popular choice in our oversubscribed Sixth Form, we have over 50 students taking it every year and our ALPS score for Maths is always above 3. This means that you will have the opportunity to teach all key stages depending on experience.
We have high expectations of our staff, and we value them highly. Our school systems ensure you can focus on teaching high quality lessons in a sustainable manner – limiting the amount ‘data’ we expect teaching staff to deal with. We are proud of our strong learning culture. Senior Leaders ensure learning is sacrosanct in every classroom.
The school has delightful landscaped grounds and is very well resourced, being located at the heart of the town with excellent access by road and public transport. The quality of life in Poole is good and there is easy access to diverse range of cultural and scenic attractions.
What we offer
- Professional development that is continuous and based upon national research schools
- A culture of openness and teacher-led self-improvement
- Students who are well motivated and co-operative
- Well managed centralised behaviour systems, where senior leaders deal with the occasional case of low level disruption
- A culture of engaged learners – leaving you free to teach high quality lessons
- A school feedback policy that focuses around whole-class feedback eliminating onerous marking
- No formally graded lesson observations and an emphasis on ‘coaching’ and enabling
- Collaborative planning with shared units of work and resources
- A centrally managed set of extensive ICT facilities running Windows 10 on the latest hardware and all the expected software
- A genuine team approach engendering personalised care and development
- A school with the scale and structure to maximise opportunities and career progression
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive induction process
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing Date: 15 July 2022, 9.00am
Please submit your application to:
Mrs C Thompson, PA to Headteacher
Address: Wimborne Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15 2BW, Telephone: 01202 662028
CV's will not be accepted for this position. An application form must be submitted.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through their behaviour and practice.
Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials including an enhanced DBS, disqualification and prohibition check.